Print this page

History

 

A BRIEF HISTORY

 

1926 First Accounts of Burton School’s FA recorded

1931 First minutes of the Association are recorded.

1934 First Burton v South Derbyshire match played.

1947 Formation of an Inter School league competition

1948 Burton Schools FA enter the Jackson Shield, a Derbyshire District competition

1955 Amalgamation of Burton and South Derbyshire Schools FA’s.

The Amalgamation meeting took place at the Burton Area Education Offices, Guild Street

1957 The first AGM was held.

1961 Parry and Holland became the first boys to represent their County, Derbyshire

1962 The Association win their first trophy, the Jackson Shield.

Vic Halom captained Derbyshire and became the Areas first International triallist.

1965 Under 13 District team joined the Under 15’s and 14’s as representative sides.

1967 The first Wembley trip to a Schoolboy International was  proposed by Treasurer Mr. D Mellor.

The idea to help raise funds when the bank balance was £23-15-04d

1968 Under 14’s win The Derby County Supporters Trophy. Gary Stanley represents Derbyshire and The Midland Counties.

1971 The Under 15’s reach the 7th round of the ESFA Trophy, a best ever performance.

1973 The local government boundary changes brought about a change in name from the Burton and South Derbyshire School’s FA to Burton and District Schools FA.